Re: Patch for MultiarchCross

On Fri, Apr 08, 2011 at 02:01:33PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 08, 2011 at 09:51:03PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> > I already made this comment, but I strongly think it should be normative.
> > Specifically we should mandate that:
>
> > 1) /usr/include/<triplet> be added to the default hearder search path of
> > <triplet>-gcc.
>
> It seems strange to me that we would mandate something in policy that
> affects approximately one package (the compiler).  However, I think this is
> unquestionably the correct thing for the compiler to do, so if there's
> general agreement that it belongs in policy I'll happily second.

It does not only affect the compiler. It also affects all packages that will provide
files in /usr/include/<triplet>, because this will cause the files to be in the default
search path.  Packagers need to know that /usr/include/<triplet> is the
'correct' path to use for that purpose without looking up gcc specfiles.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.