Re: Difficulty rebuilding text files with org-mode

Bill Allombert <Bill.Allombert@math.u-bordeaux1.fr> writes:
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 11:11:30AM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> Right, it's not required to do a build, only when modifications are made.

> Hey, tell that to pbuilder!

pbuilder really doesn't need to have org-mode installed to build the
Policy package if you use the protocol that Manoj explained when he
checked in the new files (namely, regenerate the derived files along with
the source when checking in the change).  The goal was to only require
those Policy maintainers that change those files to need to have org-mode
installed.

However, I agree that this can be somewhat confusing if one checks in only
a change to the source.

> I made various fix up to the mark-up in the org file while preparing the
> sgml version. I would appreciate if someone checked I did not make it
> worse than it already is.

I looked through the diff and nothing looked obviously wrong to me.  The
text output of org-mode does leave something to be desired (` and ' are
not matched quotes!), but of course that's not something you can do
something about.