Re: Notes from Policy BoF at DebConf10

Hi,

On Wed, 11 Aug 2010, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Manoj proposes making each normative requirement in Policy a separate
> XML entity, which allows building different merged documents in
> different orders incorporating all or some of those rules.  Those
> sections could have separate rationales that are informative, and
> pseudocode for how to check for compliance.

Since you want to switch to docbook anyway, I would suggest you use
publican to manage and build the documentation. It has built-in
support for translations, you can have conditionals in the markup and
build several variants of the document (with or without rationale for
example). And the result is pretty good looking and we can still create
our own brand if wanted.

publican is packaged for Debian, it's used (and created) by RedHat to
maintain all of its documentation.

http://jfearn.fedorapeople.org/en-US/Publican/2.0/html/Users_Guide/

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer ◈ [Flattr=20693]

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)