Re: Policy 3.9.1 planning

Bill Allombert <Bill.Allombert@math.u-bordeaux1.fr> writes:

> I have to say that you should be commended for the amount of work you
> did for 3.9.1. For my part, I have been rather overwhelmed by the amount
> of posts to debian-policy that resulted and I am afraid I could only
> throw a cursory glance at them. I will try to look at the git log to
> check I did not miss anything important.

Thanks!  Sorry to have produced such a flood.

For purposes of review, I know it would be better if we could do more
sustained but low-speed work over a long time, but unfortunately I work
much better in batches.  :/  So I wasn't making any progress without
putting real focus into plowing through the bug backlog.

Policy had gotten rather out of date and needed a lot of catch-up, quite a
bit of which (triggers, symbols) is still outstanding.  My hope is that by
about the middle or end of next month we'll be mostly caught up and down
to the typical changes and clarifications over time, instead of having
large chunks of the current packaging system undocumented in Policy.