Re: Policy 3.9.1 planning

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 10:45:29AM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> We've accumulated quite a list of changes for the next release, and I'd
> like to get out another Debian Policy release before Debconf.  Since I'm
> going to be travelling weekend after next (to Debconf), that means I'm
> currently tentatively planning a release next weekend.
>
> As usual, this depends on whether I can find the time to get the Lintian
> updates done for the synchronized upload, although so far things are
> looking reasonably good.
>
> If there's anything that you urgently want to see in 3.9.1, please propose
> wording now or do wording reviews now.  I'm leaning towards sticking with
> 3.9.1 for the version number (not 3.10.0) because while we have a lot of
> changes, they're mostly documentation of existing practices and don't
> include anything quite as significant as the Breaks/Conflicts changes or
> architecture wildcard changes in the last release.

I have to say that you should be commended for the amount of work you did for
3.9.1. For my part, I have been rather overwhelmed by the amount of posts to
debian-policy that resulted and I am afraid I could only throw a cursory
glance at them. I will try to look at the git log to check I did not miss
anything important.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>