Re: Question of legal usage Debian GNU/Linux in Ukraine

On Tue, 09 Feb 2010, Dmitry Korzhevin wrote:
> I ask you to give an answer and an explanation of possible legal and
> free use, copying and distribution of the operating system Debian
> GNU/Linux in Ukraine.

We are not able to provide you with specific legal advice with regards
to the legality and/or use of the operating system that we distribute,
unfortunately.

That said, we have made an effort to make sure that the software that
we distribute in "main" is available under terms which satisfy the
Debian Free Software Guidelines,[1] which requires that works in
Debian be freely redistributable, modifiable, and freely used.

See http://www.debian.org/intro/free as well for more information.

Finally, debian-policy@lists.debian.org is not the appropriate list
for this kind of question; -project or possibly -legal is.
[Additionally, our website has answers to these specific questions,
even in українська.]

Don Armstrong

1: http://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines
--
The carbon footprint of a single human being is enormous.
If you think about it, your honour,