Re: Goals of debian/copyright

Russ Allbery wrote:
> So then, to answer Don's original question, I think the use case is "know
> the license of the package in more detail than what is guaranteed by the
> DFSG."  Which is basically what you said.

We provide the full license text in debian/copyright, or alternatively, point to
a file in /usr/share/common-licenses/ that contains it, so I think that is good
enough.

If what you propose is that we should *explain* what the license means for every
package in main in debian/copyright, then I disagree.

Cheers,
Emilio