Re: common, FHS-compliant, default document root for the various web servers

On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 05:50:01PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> - the agreement actually should not come among web app maintainers, but
>   rather among web *server* maintainers: they should agree over a
>   specific dir and change the default configuration of the web server so
>   that that dir is the document root (for the default vhost, for web
>   servers supporting vhosts)

For reference, when the initial RFH on a webapps policy was sent out,
all httpd maintainers were included.

> If it were me to try to achieve this, I would go for a DEP to keep track
> of consensus, ... but no, I'm not willing to drive this, at least not
> now :-)

I personally don't like the DEPs, but would be happy to accept reasoned
patches into the webapps policy submission.

Neil
--
<enrico> What is a sane place to look for washing machines around Manchester?
<mhy> enrico: the canals :-)