Re: Silently breaking on upgrade

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009, The Wanderer wrote:
> That's what I'd have thought, but I've run across a package which does
> seem to do this, and the maintainer seems to consider it an acceptable
> situation. Before trying to argue too much about that, I wanted to
> confirm that it was in fact 'officially' considered unacceptable.

Breakage is a bug. In some cases fixing the breakage is not possible,
or would introduce other problems (or the breakage isn't even breakage
in the first place) so without knowing details, there's nothing else
we can say.

Don Armstrong

--
There are two types of people in this world, good and bad. The good
sleep better, but the bad seem to enjoy the waking hours much more.