Re: Vcs-* and Other Fields

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 11:33:12PM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> I often have branches for:
> - unstable
> - experimental
> - stable
> - backports
> and there may be others of course.  Each of these may be branched
> off the upstream stable/development branches at the appropriate
> points.  This allows supporting stable/stable-security and
> current development all in the same repository.  You just can't
> do that with one branch.

Correct, which is why the Vcs-Git URI syntax should be fixed to include an
optional branch name.  You still don't need to be able to reference more
than one branch in a given source package, though; the unstable package
should point to the unstable branch, the experimental package to the
experimental branch, etc.