Re: debian-policy FTBFS due to missing texlive-latex-extra build-dep

On Wed, Apr 29 2009, Colin Watson wrote:

> That said, debconf was already recommended, so if people feel it would
> be better as 3.8.1.1, we could do that. Or alternatively we could branch
> off 3.8.1.0 in git and release 3.8.1.1 with just the non-normative
> changes? I'd be happy to put the legwork into sorting that out.

        Well, based on what y'all said about version churn, I guess we
 were not yet planning to release a new version. But we do need to fix
 bugs in the package, whether or not the content is ready for a new
 version. So, since we moved to the nifty new VCS that all the cool kids
 use, we should just branch off 3.8.1.0, add the fix there, merge the
 branch back into HEAD so we get the fix there too, and release 3.8.1.1
 now, and release 3.8.2 when we are good and ready.

        manoj
 still keeping his grubby fingers off the repo
--
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.