Re: debian-policy FTBFS due to missing texlive-latex-extra build-dep

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 05:25:28PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 29 2009, Russ Allbery wrote:
> > I don't mind a release with what we have now.  The churn is unfortunate
> > since there's nothing particularly exciting in the changes committed so
> > far, but I hate to leave FTBFS bugs lingering for that reason.
>
>         Why not 3.8.1.1? Or do we have normative changes in there
>  already?

There are some normative changes. Nothing earth-shattering, but shifting
to mandating debconf for user prompting (#206684) does seem to merit a
normative version bump, at least. There are other normative changes but
they're fairly trivial.

That said, debconf was already recommended, so if people feel it would
be better as 3.8.1.1, we could do that. Or alternatively we could branch
off 3.8.1.0 in git and release 3.8.1.1 with just the non-normative
changes? I'd be happy to put the legwork into sorting that out.