Re: Goals of debian/copyright

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:

> I just don't like the argument that we should provide
> debian/copyright information because the maintainer has to check it
> all anyway. :)

Sure. That wasn't presented as justification for doing it; merely to
pre-empt the distressingly common assertion that it's somehow too high
a burden to ask of the package maintainer.

--
 \        “I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance |
  `\                                          any day.” —Douglas Adams |