Re: Sponsorship requirements and copyright files

Bill Allombert <Bill.Allombert@math.u-bordeaux1.fr> writes:

> So we already allow packages to reference other packages for license
> informations.

With the important requirement that the referenced package that
contains the license information must also be installed on every
system where the referring package is installed (because of a
‘Depends’ relationship).

> Binary package referencing its source package for detailed license
> information is not quite a stretch.

Since this loses the above relationship, it's a stretch too far. I
consider it vital that *every* recipient of the package can easily
find out the license terms, and that's best satisfied by having them
installed as a predictably-located file along with the package in
every instance.

--
 \         “Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?” “I think so, |
  `\          Brain, but what if the hippopotamus won't wear the beach |