Re: Policy 3.8.1

Julien Cristau wrote:
On Tue, Mar  3, 2009 at 17:14:20 +0100, Giacomo A. Catenazzi wrote:

But in this manner there is a risk of unneeded upload, in order to
increase policy version or to remove warning from lintian about old policy.
I think to much upload could confuse also the developers.

If the only reason for an upload is Standards-Version bumping, you're
doing it wrong.

I tend to agree with you, but current practice (by some devels) show
the countrary, and these two point give me some doubts:
- a very old package with very old standard, but still policy compliant.
  need a std version bumping?  Where to put the line? One per release?
- we still have "no real change" upload, when changing maintainers
  (but IMO this must change, to allow changes without uploads)

Maybe a policy release (i.e. in annonce or devel news) should recommend
not to do bumping only uploads.

ciao
	cate