Re: Debian GNOME Policy?

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008, Guido Loupias wrote:
> I'm currently packaging a panel applet for Debian. I've come across what
> appears to be a policy for GNOME packages in Debian (through Google),
> however I can not find this page anywhere on the official Debian site. Am
> I not searching hard enough?
>
> The page is here:
> http://burtonini.com/computing/gnome-policy-20050123.html
>
> Should I follow this policy? It was last updated in 2005.

 It's really too old to be very useful.  I don't think we have been
 following a very strict policy, but the Debian GNOME group uses a set
 of tools and relatively homogen packaging habits across the pkg-gnome
 packages.  We're happy to help in specific issues you face, or to start
 from other packages as templates for yours; we hang on #gnome-debian on
 GIMPNet, but you can also ask your questions on debian-gtk-gnome@.

 If anyone is interested in maintaining a GNOME subpolicy document, I
 guess he could try collecting information with us.

--
Loïc Minier