Re: Time for a release?

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 00:13:49 -0700, Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> said:

> Apart from that, there isn't anything left except the BROWSER change
> of the things that I bit off for the next release.  It would be nice
> to get seconds on and merge the version number change, but it's hardly
> critical.

        BTW, I did a git diff  origin/master origin/bug172436-rra to see
 what was changed on that branch; and there were a bung of unrelated
 changes -- this is because master has had a bunch of changes merged in,
 and the bug branches were not rebased, or mad master merged in.

        Now, in this specific case, since there has been only one commit
 to the bug####-rra branches each, this is not an issue -- I can just
 look at the commit.  But if you ever add another change to any of these
 branches, one would have to do
  git diff bb27c26983818b9fd4ee8bcca705c0381c47010a bug172436-rra
 to see what changed.

        I also note that master seems to have the change present on the
 branch bug367984-rra; but it is not obvious that it came from
 bug367984-rra (well, the commit message subject is the same, but ..).
 Perhaps this merge --squash is not a good idea; I think it is nicer to
 see gitk --all display the merge even if we get to see _all_ the
 history.  What do you think?

> Should we call this upcoming version 3.8.0.0?  I think it has enough
> substantial changes to warrant the larger version bump.

        Sounds good to me.

        manoj
--
Nature makes boys and girls lovely to look upon so they can be tolerated
until they acquire some sense.  -- William Phelps