Re: Time for a release?

>         With the latest set of usertagging that Russ has done, I don't
>  see anything that is currently outstanding that is not marked pending
>  (apart from the two branches russ has with changes that need to be
>  merged into master).
>
>         It has been a while since we have had a release, perhaps we
>  should get one out now, since we are almost all caught up?
>
>         After that, we can try working on bringing discussion to a
>  conclusive finish for the reports in the discussion phase.

Yup, definitely agreed.

I tried to send a message to debian-devel-announce today about the
upcoming README.source requirement, but it hasn't shown up yet.  I'm
wondering if it didn't like the fact that I both signed it and attached a
file.  If it still hasn't shown up tomorrow, I'll send that again with the
file inlined.

Apart from that, there isn't anything left except the BROWSER change of
the things that I bit off for the next release.  It would be nice to get
seconds on and merge the version number change, but it's hardly critical.

Should we call this upcoming version 3.8.0.0?  I think it has enough
substantial changes to warrant the larger version bump.