Re: [Policy-rewrite]: Determining distinct policy rules

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 14:33:17 +0100, Giacomo A Catenazzi <cate@cateee.net> said:

> Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 20:10:33 +0000, Ian Jackson
>> <ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk> said:
>>
>>> Manoj Srivastava writes ("[Policy-rewrite]: Determining distinct
>>> policy rules"):
>>
>>> I know you're pretty set on this new approach but I just wanted to
>>> say that I think it's a bad idea.
>>
>> Separating out normative parts from the rationale of a rule is a bad
>> idea?

> Separating no, but IMHO they should be together (near in the master
> file), so that they remain consistent.

        This leads me to believe you have not read the proposal, and are
 coming into this discussion in the middle (if you had read the
 proposal, this is not a concern that you could have voiced).

        Since it is going to be far less noise in the channel i you read
 the proposal, and come back with concerns that are relevant to the
 proposal,

> This point is not so clear to me. Do "machine-readable" mean to be
> used directly by "lintian"-like tools?

        Again, if you read the proposal, you would know what was being
 proposed.  Please go back, read the proposal, and then come back to the
 list with your concerns.

        manoj
--
Perfect day for scrubbing the floor and other exciting things.