Re: Breaks in lenny

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:

> I'm a member of pkg-perl, and 52 packages out of ~500 use quilt. We also
> have 20 packages using dpatch, and 45 using dbs. One or two pkg-perl
> members like quilt, others, such as myself, find it of dubious benefit
> on top of a proper version control system (though certianly better than
> dbs!).

We should get rid of the dbs, I think!  (I'm also a member, although not a
horribly active one at the current time.)

Again, though, the interesting population is not the full set of packages,
but rather the set of packages that have non-debian modifications (with
for the Perl group is generally fairly small).

(I don't mean to be asking you to do more work!  That's not the goal at
all, and I do appreciate your comments.  It's possible that I'm misreading
the general trend, and the statistics you have are very interesting.  I'm
just not sure how much the percentages mean when compared against all
packages instead of the relevant set.)