Re: Breaks in lenny

Russ Allbery wrote:
> Having the repository on alioth doesn't necessarily help if you're talking
> about something like Subversion (and particularly CVS) depending on the
> use case.  I don't think we really get back the functionality of quilt
> until we're shipping the repository with the source package.  Having
> access to a read-only Subversion repository doesn't really help with
> merging local patches into new upstream releases, for example

Having a svn repo makes it fairly easy to update to a new upstream
version. See svn-upgrade(1). (At least I assume svn-upgrade works about
as well as my own svn-uupdate script that I've used for a thousand or so
such updates, and which works about equally well as git-import-orig
based on the 10 or so times I've used that so far.)

--
see shy jo