Re: priorities

> On Thu, Dec 06, 2007 at 05:09:36PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 13:34:10 -0800, Ben Pfaff <blp@cs.stanford.edu> said:
>> > I use "time" in benchmarking scripts.
>>         I do not find the built in time to be a substitute for the good
>>  old fashioned time command. Observe:
>
> Why are either of those reasons to have /usr/bin/time on every Debian
> machine? We're not talking about removing the package entirely...

It's hard for me to believe that a standard Unix utility should
not be in "standard" or perhaps even in "important".  As policy
says about the "important" priority, "we are trying to produce,
amongst other things, a free Unix."

But, as with almost every other program, if it's not installed, I
can install it quickly and conveniently, so it's frankly not
worth much arguing either way from my point of view.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org