Re: Task list for a policy release

On Sat, 01 Dec 2007, Russ Allbery wrote:
> #379150: Documentation for Breaks in dpkg
>
> This support was added in dpkg 1.14.6, so I'm inclined to accept and
> commit this patch.  I trust Ian to document the feature, and the wording
> seems fine to me.  The only caveat is that I don't know if we're ready to
> accept Breaks fields in the archive already, and I'm not sure who to ask
> about that or how to decide it (ftp-master?).

There's no requirement on the dak/ftp-master side. We're not using them
yet only because we don't want to force people to update dpkg/apt before
doing the etch->lenny upgrade.

> #363133: [PROPOSAL] Document support of package types in shlibs files
>
> I think this is fine with my suggested changes.  I'd be inclined to commit
> it.

Th example should mention:
udeb: libz 1 zlib1g-udeb (>= 1:1.1.3)

(the patch refers to "zlib1g" instead of "zlib1g-udeb")

Because the point of adding a udeb-specific line is to have a dependency
on an udeb instead of the normal deb. :)

Otherwise it's ok.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog