Re: How thorough must the clean target be?

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 09:53:55PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> > It is a good idea, I will add it to autotools-dev.
>
> Something which is less a good idea but it useful with packages
> with eon-old libtool is that one:
>
> Build-dep on libtool and do:
> printf '#!/bin/sh\nexec libtool "$$@"\n' >libtool
>
> This way the package use /usr/bin/libtool which is up-to-date.

Please don't do that.

The /usr/bin/libtool is a "patched" version, so it could be used for
things not having it's own libtool, but it's not really recommended.
Please use the version as generated by configure instead.

I've even considered not putting that file in the package at all, and
might remove it in the future.

Kurt