Re: How thorough must the clean target be?

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 03:50:47PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Oct 2006, Bill Allombert wrote:
> > \usepackage[shameless]{plug}
> > \begin{plug}
> > I have proposed a (IMVHO) better solution to the
> > config.sub/config.guess problem see
> > <http://lists.debian.org/debian-science/2006/03/msg00038.html>
> > \end{plug}
>
> You know, I'd have appreciated getting that email filed as a bug against
> autotools-dev instead of finding about it in this thread.

Sorry, it get buried in the thread you started there
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2001/07/msg01595.html>
my post being msg01777.html (apology to any reader not yet born in 2001/07).

> It is a good idea, I will add it to autotools-dev.

Something which is less a good idea but it useful with packages
with eon-old libtool is that one:

Build-dep on libtool and do:
printf '#!/bin/sh\nexec libtool "$$@"\n' >libtool

This way the package use /usr/bin/libtool which is up-to-date.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.