Re: Date and Upsteam-URL fields

Jörg Sommer <joerg@alea.gnuu.de> wrote:
>   Bill Allombert <allomber@math.u-bordeaux.fr> wrote:
>   > Sure but adding entries to the changelog does not magically update the
>   > date.
>
>   AFAIK it happens if you use emacs. :-)

dpkg-dev-el provides debian-changelog-mode, and by default emacs will
visit debian/changelog in that mode.  However, if I just visit
debian/changelog, nothing special happens to the date.  I have to use
the command "C-c C-c".

BTW "C-x 4 a" is normally bound to add-change-log-entry-other-window
which visits ChangeLog in the current or a parent directory and adds
an entry for the current file with today's date.  Very convenient.

Is there a way bind "C-x 4 a" instead to debian-changelog-add-entry if
debian/changelog can be found?

Failing that, what is a good key binding for debian-changelog-mode
that will work in other modes?

  "C-x 4 d" is already taken
  "C-x 4 D" is the same as "C-x 4 d"
  "C-x 5 a" is not used, but I suppose we should reserve it for
add-change-log-entry-other-frame

         - Jim Van Zandt