Re: [bug] references to dpkg-shlibdeps should be dh_shlibdeps

On Sat, Apr 01, 2006 at 10:41:53AM +0300, Jari Aalto wrote:
>| I believe you're mistaken. The "dpkg-shlibdeps" in the first line is a
>| hyperlink to section C.1.4, which describes dpkg-shlibdeps.
>|
>| Use of debhelper is not required in order to build packages, and
>| documentation of such use does not belong in the policy manual.
>
>Ok,
>
>May I then propose following:
>
>- The text should mention, that there is alternative way
>  to dpkg-shlibdeps: In case of debhelper the command is
>  dh_shlibdeps which does similar things.

The version of debian-policy I have installed (3.6.2.2) has the
following footnote on the first paragraph of §8.6.2:

  [1]  If you are using `debhelper', the `dh_shlibdeps' program will do this
       work for you.  It will also correctly handle multi-binary packages.

Is that not sufficient?

--bod