Re: Add Debian revision number standards to policy?

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 01:01:22AM -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

> IMHO, Yes. IMHO you should also add that you are only to use numbers without
> zero padding (not that the tools will break if you pad, AFAIK, but...), that
> they must increase monotonically, that NMUs start with 1 and binary NMUs
> start with 0.1 if there isn't a NMU version yet, or <NMU>.1 if there is one.

How about numbering for native packages?  People seem to be
disagreeing alot on how to do that:

Should I add a debian reversion or not?  Say the version is
1.2, and I do an NMU, would I call it:
- 1.2-0.1
- 1.2-1.1
- 1.2.0.1
- 1.2.1
- 1.3
- Something else?

If I number it 1.2-0.1, it would mean it's no longer a native
package.  Does that mean I should split it in an .orig.tar.gz and
a diff?

What about binNMU's for those packages?

Kurt