Menu policy: undefined categories in use for documentation

While wondering where to put documents from the new Installation Guide
packages, I noticed that on my system the menu presented by dwww does not
comply with menu policy [1] (the documentation for doc-base refers to
menu policy for acceptable categories).
I have filed 3 minor bugs against obvious mistakes [2], but there also
seem to be some cases where maybe policy should be extended.

Examples listed are only from my own system, so not very representative.

- Apps
  Has undefined subcategory Mail (package: mailx)
  IMO having a category Mail for documentation makes sense as we
  also have a category mail in the archives, otherwise this should
  probably go to Net. OTOH, allowing Mail would also lead to Web.

- Admin
  Undefined category which holds documentation from grub-doc
  Should probably be moved to Apps/System

- Debian
  Undefined category which holds quite a lot of Debian specific
  documents; some documents included both here and under Apps

  Undefined category which holds a reference to the Linux FAQ
- HOWTO
  Undefined category which holds a reference to the Linux HOWTOs
- Manpages
  Undefined category with a link to man2html

Having both FAQ and HOWTO on the top level seems a bit redundant to me,
especially if unused for other documentation. It could also lead to
random packages putting their FAQs and HOWTOs there.
The same argument goes for Manpages really.
Would it make more sense to define a category "Linux" where such
documentation can be grouped?

- Tex
  Undefined category holding documentation from several TeX packages
  IMO this makes sense as a separate category, although that could be
  seen as a precedent for Perl, Python and other categories.

- Web
  Undefined category holding documentation from packages linklint
  and wdg-html-reference.
  It also has a subcategory W3c holding documentation from libwww-ssl0.
  IMO having a separate category Web is OK but should probably be moved
  below Apps. Not sure if the subcategory W3c is waranted.

I can understand if new categories for documentation would not be included
in section 2.1 of the policy manual as that would also allow these for
the application menu. Instead maybe a section 2.2 could be added defining
additional categories acceptable in doc-base for documentation.

Cheers,
Frans Pop

P.S.
It would be nice if the subcategories for Apps could be sorted in [1].

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/menu-policy/ch2.html#s2.1
[2] #335062, #335068 (pending), #335075