Re: Procedure to add sub-policies

* Manoj Srivastava [Tue, 26 Jul 2005 23:10:26 -0500]:

>         When the policy is deemed to be sufficiently mature, and when
>  most packages in question are following it anyway, the new sub-policy
>  can be submitted for inclusion into the main policy as a normal
>  proposal (and usually these sub-policies can be integrated pretty
>  rapidly, since the kinks have already been worked out

  And once it's been integrated, does it have to follow the procedures
  that apply to the main Policy document in order to be updated? Or does
  the control of this document remain more or less in the hands of those
  domain experts?

  At first sight, I think the second option makes more sense, since the
  changes are usually discussed and agreed upon in their own list.
  Though they could nevertheless be posted to -policy for a quick
  review.

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.