Re: How much utf-8 do we accept in control files?

On 2004-04-06 Siggy Brentrup <bsb@debian.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 10:43:59PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
[...]
> > Furthermore, some maintainers use already utf-8 for their name (this
> > means in debian/control and in the changelog).

> While understandable from the maintainer's point of view, luckily to
> my knowledge no (e.g.) asian maintainer has done it yet.
[...]

There are a number of non-ascii maintainers in
/var/lib/dpkg/available on sarge:
frank@kuesterei.ch
fschueler@gmx.net
gurkan@linuks.mine.nu
acfb@users.sourceforge.net
noel@debian.org
weinholt@debian.org
cedric@debian.org (appears both in latin1 and UTF-8)
ilmari@ping.uio.no
ender@debian.org (appears both in latin1 and UTF-8)
etc. etc. I am too lazy to continue

There are even non-ascii maintainers in *woody's* available-file
(check nick@debian.org).
                         cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"