Error installing Mandrake 10...

 have posted this in a few linux forums... includeing mandrakeusers forum:

The installation goes perfectly fine until it is time to install the boot loader.

Now it doesn't matter whether I choose LILO* or Grub I get the following error.

"insmod'ing module loop failed"

I've tried various different ways to get around this to no avail*

I know Mandrake had a problem around 9.2 I think with installing boot loaders on scsi and SATA drives... Is this still an unfixed problem?

The only option I have for installing the bootloader is on one of my two SATA drives. The PATA drive listed in my sig is used for another OS that only recognizes PATA.

So my question is if this is a known problem (Installing bootloaders onto a SATA MBR) What do you suggest using in place of GRUB or LILO?
_________________
ABIT IC7-G MAX 2 Advanced
3.0 GHz Pentium 4 HT 800 MHz FSB
1GB DDR 400
120GB Seagate SATA
100GB WD SATA
80GB WD ATA/133
ASUS Radeon 9800XT 256MB
Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Platinum

Emage  industry lists  Local lists

special lists  foreign lists  publishing

yellow pages   free resource  site map  about us

15寸液晶双子星,震天雷II--D451¥2466/D353¥2399