Re: /etc/init.d script policy violation

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 04:32:36PM -0400, David Krovich wrote:
> I started this discussion on debian-mentors, and it seems appropriate
> for this list.
>
> The issue is I have an init script that will await user interaction
> before completing.  The result is the machine will hang on that script
> until some sort of user intervention happens.  I personally feel this
> should be a violation of policy, although Debian policy as I read it
> does not explicitly comment on this situation.

The perversity of the human mind does not allow us to cover extensively
all misbehaviour of initscripts.

In the particular case, this breaks unattended reboot, so it is
certainly release critical, unless user intervention is only required
in extreme case where unattended reboot would be a bad idea anyway,
like fsck do.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>