/etc/init.d script policy violation

I started this discussion on debian-mentors, and it seems appropriate
for this list.

The issue is I have an init script that will await user interaction
before completing.  The result is the machine will hang on that script
until some sort of user intervention happens.  I personally feel this
should be a violation of policy, although Debian policy as I read it
does not explicitly comment on this situation.

Read the following thread for information:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2004/05/msg00323.html