Re: aren't software authors misestimated?

> Hmmm, If I ever was to write and release an application, I'd be more
> than happy to delegate dirty work to someone else. I'm fairly convinced
> that upstream authors consider dealing with bug reports, suggestions
> and alikes a dirty work. Just imagine receiving doezens of emails
> directly from users, all relating to the same issue. Compare this to
> one email from package maintainer, summarizing them all.
I really don't think so! I appreciate every feedback from every single user,
and I think that only that feedback can bring an application to higher
And, although said, I think the package maintainer can not have a deep
knowledge of the software as the author do, so to be able to address every
remote issue.