Re: Status of UTF-8 Debian changelogs

On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 05:58:28PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> [ no need to CC me ]
>
> On Sat, 2003-06-07 at 17:39, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
>
> > No, I'm using bash...
>
> Weird.  It works here.   What's your $LANG?  If you're inputting Unicode
> it should probably be something.UTF-8.

it is:

wouter@rock:~$ echo $LANG
nl_BE.UTF-8

which means that uxterm manually ensures that $LANG is set to
something.UTF-8, since I set my $LANG to nl_BE.

Anyway, this is way offtopic here. My point was yes, there is some
unicode-support in Debian, but no, it's not working flawlessly yet. If
you have any other ideas (finding the exact issue still is a worthwile
goal), please send it by private mail.

--
Wouter Verhelst
"An expert can usually spot the difference between a fake charge and a