changelog encoding... what's up?

Since I ran into this problem (unspec'd encoding of Debian Changelog),
I googled and search d.o, and found some proposals.

But none of those was reflected in /u/d/debian-policy.  Not even
174982, even though it was ACCEPTED in January by Colin (I just
checked, and count 5 or 6 seconds), it's not in yet.

So... what's the status?

Bye, J

--
                            Jürgen A. Erhard