Re: [devel-ref] author/homepage in description

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 12:48:33AM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 10:57:48PM +0100, Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis wrote:
> > <homepage://some.site.org/some/index.html>
> > <snapshot://some.site.org/some/snapshot.png>
>
> URI schemes are not to be used as a means of expressing the purpose of
> the URI.

I was refering to wikiwiki like system i sow someware. Indeed you are right.

So what about this:

Package: Foo
 bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
 bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
 bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
 bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
 .
 Homepage: http://some.site.org/some/index.html
 Snapshot: http://some.site.org/some/snapshot.png

We don't modify the control file sysntax but include the link we want, in a
way we can parse and reuse. If we use this side by side with the copyright
file format, we'll be able to show users almost anything they would like to
konw about the package ((Upstream-(Source|Authors)|Copyright) are useful
information, but probably only some expert user would care about them)

ciao,
--
Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis              | Elegant or ugly code as well
aliases: Luca ^De [A-Z][-A-Za-z]*[iy]'?s$   | as fine or rude sentences have