Re: [devel-ref] author/homepage in description

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 06:29:22PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 04:50:26PM +0000, Martin Wheeler wrote:
[re: my statement that "homepage" is not (yet) a word.]

> > Neither is 'Debian'.

> Yes, but we didn't choose this name.

More to the point, names aren't necessarily supposed to be words.  So
the attempted rebuttal is moot.

> > Now for goodness' sake -- grow up.

> I object to that proposal: I like xtifr better when he's slightly
> childish. :)

Um, thanks, I think?  At my age, it's probably too late to attempt to
implement any such plan.  Furthermore, once the grey hairs appear (as
they're just beginning to in my case), the proposition of growing up
starts to seem much less appealing.  :)

Anyway, to get back on topic for a sec, I'm not a grammar nazi.  I
didn't object to "homepage", I merely expressed reservations.  And if
I really cared, I would have offered some alternatives.

cheers
--
Chris Waters           |  Pneumonoultra-        osis is too long
xtifr@debian.org       |  microscopicsilico-    to fit into a single