Re: Debian LSB Status

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 08:24:25AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Debian 3.0r0 (woody), is close, but not quite, in compliance with LSB 1.2.
> The outstanding issues are:
[snip]

Thanks for this extremely informative report.  It had been my
understanding that our init system and/or runlevels were an issue as
well; is that a part of the spec we don't have to comply with for the
specific certification we are seeking?  It certainly seemed the case at
DebConf that most of us believed that our init system was a stumbling
block to certification.

Pointers to any FAQ on this issue are welcome.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |       Yesterday upon the stair,
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       I met a man who wasn't there.