Re: [devel-ref, draft 2] homepage in description

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 10:57:51AM +0100, Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis wrote:

> I think we don't really need the Screenshot [...]

I agree.  It's even *less* useful than Author, which I also don't
think we need.

> Upstream source [...] information [is] already available

The "Homepage" is not necessarily the same as upstream source.  I
think of a homepage as somewhere I can go to get more information
before deciding if I want to install the package.  It could be a
completely different site.  Some small projects can't afford their own
ftp space, but do have a small web-page, usually created by the
author, and hosted by his ISP.  So the source will be on some big
system, like Sunsite or similar, completely unrelated to the
"Homepage" site.

I have to admit, I do like when a package description lists a
homepage.  I'm planning to start adding this to my own packages soon.
But as for the others, I really don't see the point.

--
Chris Waters           |  Pneumonoultra-        osis is too long
xtifr@debian.org       |  microscopicsilico-    to fit into a single