And now for the 2 years and older (bugs closed as well)

Hi,

     * #51702: [PROPOSED] Change package relations policy to remove
       references to non-free from main
       Package: debian-policy; Severity: wishlist; Reported by: "Oliver
       Elphick" <olly@lfix.co.uk>; 2 years and 351 days old.

 patents are, unfortunately, no longer a US only thing. There was no
 discussion. Crypto issues have changed since then, and we have a
 non-free GR approaching. I do not think this is an active, and
 actionable item for the policy group; I am thus closing this bug.

     * #53582: [PROPOSAL] Obsolete base section
       Package: debian-policy; Severity: wishlist; Reported by: Joey Hess
       <joeyh@debian.org>; 2 years and 324 days old.

 Sounds reasonable. There were no objections, and this is quite
 obviously true currently; and then the Debian installer shall shake
 things up again). This is going in.
     * #54002: [PROPOSAL] permit use of bzip2 for source packages
       Package: debian-policy; Severity: wishlist; Reported by: Chris
       Lawrence <lawrencc@debian.org>; 2 years and 317 days old.
 This proposal is premature; we need to see the tools updated, and
 then, if needed, formalize it into policy. I suspect that since
 policy is not dpkg documentation, this shall never need be in policy;
 but I need to go over the document ands double check that.

     * #54524: http_proxy and web clients.
       Package: debian-policy; Severity: wishlist; Reported by:
       =?iso-8859-1?Q?Nicol=E1s_Lichtmaier?= <nick@debian.org>; 2 years and
       312 days old.
 This seems like something being designed, and, thus, not yet a policy
 issue. There has been no action for 2 years, and I am closing this
 bug. If indeed we have current practice with /et/proxies or something,
 a new bug/proposal can be created.
     * #54985: debian-policy: handling of shared libraries
       Package: debian-policy; Severity: wishlist; Reported by: Matthew
       Vernon <matthew@sel.cam.ac.uk>; 2 years and 308 days old.

There does not seem to have been a consensus on this issue, or a
technically superior position (in my eyes).
     * #60979: What /etc/init.d/xxx restart does?
       Package: debian-policy; Severity: wishlist; Reported by: Radim Kolar
       <hsn@cybermail.net>; merged with #87994; 2 years and 238 days old.
Isn't this now being standardized by LSB?
     * #62768: policy on kernel module sources needed (unpacked or not)
       Package: debian-policy; Severity: wishlist; Reported by: "Alan W.
       Irwin" <irwin@beluga.phys.uvic.ca>; merged with #63598, #71805; 2
       years and 210 days old.
     * #63598: policy on kernel module sources needed (unpacked or not)
       Package: debian-policy; Severity: wishlist; Reported by: Ulf
       Jaenicke-Roessler <ujr@physik.phy.tu-dresden.de>; merged with #62768,
       #71805; 2 years and 195 days old.
 Why is this a policy issue? Do we really need to mandate absolute
 conformity in modules packages? Whether you do a tar zvvfx in
 MODULES_LOC or you di lndir there, you do get the same results.

     * #62996: no way to detect webservers without CGI support
       Package: debian-policy; Severity: wishlist; Reported by: Rev Simon
       Rumble <simon@rumble.net>; 2 years and 205 days old.

 This is not a policy issue yet, this is a design and implementation
 issue. Please try to get the httpd package maintainers together and
 work out a solution; and then we can put the working solution into
 policy.
     * #65577: [Amended] copyright should include notice if a package is not
       a part of Debian distribution
       Package: debian-policy; Severity: wishlist; Reported by: Taketoshi
       Sano <sano@debian.org>; 2 years and 156 days old.
 Hmm. I don't know. Does it seem like we have consensus?
     * #65578: [PROPOSED] extra-Debian packages should have extra Priority
       Package: debian-policy; Severity: wishlist; Reported by: Taketoshi
       Sano <sano@debian.org>; 2 years and 156 days old.
 No discussion at all, and I think that it blurs the priority and
 sections a bit.
     * #65764: changelog shouldn't be in the copyright file
       Package: debian-policy; Severity: wishlist; Reported by: Josip Rodin
       <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr>; 2 years and 153 days old.
Hmm. Sounds like we have a winner here. How about a diff, then, folks?
     * #69864: debian-policy: Update section 6.7 for "examples packages"
       Package: debian-policy; Severity: wishlist; Reported by: Adam C Powell
       IV <hazelsct@mit.edu>; 2 years and 84 days old.
This too sounds reasonable to me, but there was no discussion at all.
     * #72980: virtual packages list layout
       Package: debian-policy; Severity: wishlist; Reported by: Josip Rodin
       <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr>; 2 years and 45 days old
Ok. This is going in..
     * #73620: [PROPOSED] Policy example about INSTALL is wrong
       Package: debian-policy; Severity: wishlist; Reported by: Yves Arrouye
       <yves@realnames.com>; 2 years and 43 days old.
This has already been answered by more recent changes in policy.

	whew.

	manoj,

--
 pediddel: A car with only one working headlight. "Sniglets", Rich
 Hall & Friends