Re: RFD: Essential packages, /, and /usr

> sake. I understand the alleged benefits of ash (small, loads faster on a
> slow/small memory machine). Why would I, Debian user, benefit from being
> able to run pdksh as /bin/sh? (Remembering that standards compliance, in
> and of itself, does not give me a sexual thrill.)

I answered this explicitly already.  It gives you a smaller,
faster-loading shell and it supports brace expansions, which are the
number one bug filed against #!/bin/sh scripts.

So, if someone needs to run a low-memory machine in production, and is
not interested in finding brace expansions in #!/bin/sh the hard way,
it's safer to use pdksh as /bin/sh than it is to use current ash, and
you will still get a memory benefit.

Is this not an answer?