Re: RFD: Essential packages, /, and /usr

I know I'm going to hate getting into this one, but:

On 21-Jun-02, 14:31 (CDT), Clint Adams <schizo@debian.org> wrote:
> > 	(2) There's no benefit to anyone using a shell other than ash or
> > 	    bash as /bin/sh on a Debian system.
>
> No, you're being deliberately obtuse on this one.

Clint, Anthony has asked several times on this thread for you to state
the benefit of being able to use shells other than bash and ash as
/bin/sh. The only answer I've seen is the continued chanting of "POSIX
is good", and I don't buy the idea of standards compliance for it's own
sake. I understand the alleged benefits of ash (small, loads faster on a
slow/small memory machine). Why would I, Debian user, benefit from being
able to run pdksh as /bin/sh? (Remembering that standards compliance, in
and of itself, does not give me a sexual thrill.)

Steve

--
Steve Greenland

    world.       -- seen on the net