Re: Working on debian developer's reference and "best packaging practices"

Julian Gilbey <J.D.Gilbey@qmul.ac.uk> writes:

>Here is a very brief attempt at a draft structure...:
>
>Part I: The Debian Archive
>Then each section could either have the structure:
>
>  Policy dictates
>  Discussion, useful information, guidelines, examples

I like this very much.  Just for ease of finding things, it would be
nice to separate the policy from the discussion/rationale/examples.
E.g. in HTML add a link at the end of each policy paragraph.  (For a
book, I like the format of Schildt's "Annotated ANSI C Standard", but
I don't know of an automated way of getting that.)  For maintenance,
or for study (not reference), they should be close together.

       - Jim Van Zandt