New sub menu for Games/

Hello,

I'd like to propose a new sub menu for the Games menu to be added to the menu
policy.
Three of our applications are not games, but rather tools to access games in
order to start online gaming sessions.
The only right place for them right now would be Apps/Net, and this is
usually not where players would expect them.

The apps in question are kggz, ggzap and ggz-gtk as part of the GGZ Gaming
Zone project [1].
They're currently (violating the policy) installed into Games/GGZ, which
would be one of the alternatives I see. They could then be accompaigned by
the games which belong to them and can also be started by the user. There are
currently 2 such games, and some more in the future.

The second choice would be to install the games into their "traditional"
sections (board games, for example), and provide a generic Games/Net entry
for the 3 apps, and maybe others which are not from our project, if they fit
in there.
Games/Online would be equivalent to that, although many of the traditionally
categorized games have online playing facilities too.

One difficulty is that lots of games aren't playable standalone at all but
require the mentioned ggzap tool. The native KDE menus are currently
generated as sub menu for Games/GGZ/, I'm not sure whether to put them into
the Debian menus. This affects about 16 game clients [2].

You can test out the current packages for Debian sid at [3] + [4].
For woody, replace unstable by testing, but (ironically) those are completely
untested yet.
Install ggz-kde-client and/or ggz-gtk-client if you want to have a look at
them.

Josef Spillner

[1] http://ggz.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://ggz.sourceforge.net/games.php
[3] deb http://mindx.dyndns.org/debian unstable main
[4] deb-src http://mindx.dyndns.org/debian unstable main

--
The MindX Open Source Project: Fighting proprietary games
GGZ now! - The GGZ Gaming Zone: http://ggz.sourceforge.net