Re: Software Licenced Under a Specific Version of GPL

David Coe:
> Maybe this is too nitpicky, but I'd prefer we name it GPL_2
> (and the LGPL variants LGPL_2 and LGPL_2.1), to be more consistent
> with the way we delimit version numbers in other places.

Yes, this is too nitpicky :-)

One of the reasons we use `_' for packages is that we can use `-' itself
in the package name without creating ambiguity about which is the
package name and which is the version plus Debian revision.

Since none of the GNU licenses have a `-' in their name, we don't need
to use `_' instead of `-'.