Re: Software Licenced Under a Specific Version of GPL

Jonathan D. Proulx writes:
 > On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 11:12:41AM +0300, Ari Makela wrote:

 > $ head -3 /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL
 >                     GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
 >                        Version 2, June 1991

Yes, indeed, but that's not what I ment. I'm sorry, my email was
rather obscure in retrospect.

The file now includes GPL version 2 but probably not in future Debian
releases. And what if my package is installed in such a future
release? It'll have a wrong licence.

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -w --                           Ari Makela <hauva@iki.fi> #
#                                                 http://arska.org/hauva/ #

# "Sailing is, after all, a kind of grace, a kind of magic." - Phil Berman