Re: Must and should: new proposal (was: Re: Must and should again)

On 20010416T104914+0100, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> Did the ftpadmins ever consider the possibility of running lintian on
> packages before allowing them into unstable?

I believe that all of us ftpmasters run lintian on new packages as part
of our set of new package checks.  The results are then considered by the
human ftpmaster who is doing the check, and most of the time at least I
double-check manually the critical problems that lintian tells me about
before doing a reject based on that.

Packages are not automatically lintianed by katie.  IIRC James has said
he'll add this as soon as the lintian maintainer says lintian is ready
for that.