Re: Definition of alphanumeric?

On Sun, Apr 01, 2001 at 08:23:40PM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> IMO, Marcus, you should stick with ',' as your ":" replacement
> character. Unless you feel like filing bugs on packages that fail with
> ":", which should be ok, since it wouldn't be too outlandish to expect
> packages to build in an evironment with sane path names (e.g. if I build
> all of my packages in /usr/src/debian:pkgs/).

Another "real life" example is something like

~/download/master.debian.org/%7Ebcollins/glibc-test/
                             ^ make doesn't like that either

I would indeed prefer to have those builds fixed. Can't be too many (maybe 0.5%
total, if at all. gawk is the only example so far).

I hope it is simple enough to fix them so they use relative paths (not sure
if quoting is feasible or possible at all).

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de